Nisum improves the OMS by migrating the service to the cloud.
The client has new platform-agnostic, cloud-native services, resulting in:
- +300% increase in overall peak load
- -50% decrease in time-to-market
- -70% decrease in build times
- -70% decrease in deployment times
A Fortune 500 retail client had a non-native cloud app running on-prem OMS that needed to be migrated to a cloud-based container runtime environment (PCF - Pivotal Cloud Foundry / Azure Kubernetes service), leading to:
- Delayed time-to-market and deployment times because the applications are not cloud-native
- Higher operational costs due to a lack of on-demand scaling and time consuming set up for the environments
Nisum implemented a custom Spring Boot loader to migrate the 60+ services that make up the OMS service. The Spring Boot loader has a custom classloader for the environment-specific resources and can attach the war file to the Spring container, resulting in:
- Reduced operational costs by migrating the services to the cloud, allowing the client to scale horizontally based on load rather than provisioning the resources upfront
- An increase in peak load because the switch to the cloud allowed the client to scale applications horizontally and sustain through the peak high volumes
- Reduced time-to-market by modernizing all 60+ services as cloud-native apps by using our custom Spring Boot loader instead of converting each app one-by-one
- Reduced build times using modernized build tools by migrating to Gradle and building reusable custom Gradle plugins
- Ease of deployment services by migrating to the cloud, making the teams self-sufficient to perform deployments
Feel free to contact us for more information on how Nisum can drive results for your company.