Nisum implemented an in-house test lab with the required browser combinations to increase test run frequency and reduce costs.
The client’s new in-house test lab was implemented with the required browser combinations and desired browser versions, leading to:
Increased test pass-rate
A Fortune 500 retailer used third-party test labs for their eCommerce website’s mobile cross-browser testing, leading to:
- An insufficient number of mobile browser combinations needed for testing because the test lab provider was not agile enough
- High licensing costs for a limited supply of real devices
Nisum helped the client set up an in-house test lab with the required iOS browser combinations using spare commodity Mac machines (readily available devices). We also automated the process of upgrading all Android emulators in the in-house test lab with the desired browser versions, resulting in:
- Cost savings for at least 10 additional concurrent sessions on a real device cloud (a mobile testing environment) with the new in-house test lab
- Increased test run frequency from 1 to 4 times per day, resulting in:
- Increased test pass-rate by modifying the cross-browser test automation framework to only execute failed tests on all combinations multiple times a day after running a full set of tests
- Decreased failed test root-cause analysis time with side-by-side reporting, which resulted in the insight that tests that failed consistently were most likely cross-browser issues
Feel free to contact us for more information on how Nisum can drive results for your company.